3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

A CAI Idea for the willing

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 PM
studlyblueiz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A CAI Idea for the willing

So I was looking under the hood and looking for a way to extend the K&N CAI. That's when I got to looking at the driver fender. IF...one were so inclined to relocate the battery to where the current intake is...there is tons of room for a real CAI right behind the bumper. If I didn't already have a CAI and was interested in something new I'd do it myself. But I'd just thought I'd share as it really doesn't look that difficult to do. IMO wiring should be a cinch and summit sells battery boxes just for relocation purposes.

And I've seen several sites with kits that come with multiple piece to make your own CAI and just send back the pieces you don't for credit.

Again just a thought...

Old 05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
newmexicoram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I was looking at that same scenario the other day. I was think how much more efficent the system could be if it had more air coming in, in a more direct way.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 PM
biker_ahoy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a cool idea. I was replacing a bulb the other day and was looking at all the room back there

Quick Reply: A CAI Idea for the willing