3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Acetone = MPG

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you see the videos/pictures of some people that have used Seafoam or Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner... you'd wonder just how much crap could be cleaned from the inside of an engine.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:46 AM
V8MANual
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My owner's manual states that fuel additives may void the warranty.
Chrysler suggests I take it to an authorized service center for some 'gougo fluid fuel system, big buck, cleaning process'.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 AM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

I use seafoam in my boat, truck, van and car. Also lawn mower(s) Boat is a 2 stroke and was able to get 3 years out of one set of plugs. Was running rough and used the seafoam and could tell within 5 min it was running better. Like anything, I don't over do it.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:20 AM
cramerica
Record Breaker

I'd never pour acetone in my gas tank. It's nasty stuff, and great at turning rubber and plastic into goo.

The easiest way to gain MPG is to change your driving habits. I got over 24 MPG and even topped 25 MPG over several tanks by adjusting the way I drove. It was annyoing and boring, so I stopped. I think alot of people drive hard without realizing it. Look at stoplights at how many people hammer down on green, and wait until the last second to get on the brakes. The key to MPG is being smoooooooth.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Slowing down helps a lot also, we're lucky the speed limit didn't get brought back down to 55 nationally last year.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EDSHAM
My owner's manual states that fuel additives may void the warranty.
Chrysler suggests I take it to an authorized service center for some 'gougo fluid fuel system, big buck, cleaning process'.
Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner is what the dealers use. Can't see how they could try to void your warranty over that.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cramerica
I'd never pour acetone in my gas tank. It's nasty stuff, and great at turning rubber and plastic into goo.

The easiest way to gain MPG is to change your driving habits. I got over 24 MPG and even topped 25 MPG over several tanks by adjusting the way I drove. It was annyoing and boring, so I stopped. I think alot of people drive hard without realizing it. Look at stoplights at how many people hammer down on green, and wait until the last second to get on the brakes. The key to MPG is being smoooooooth.
I was thinking the same thing with the rubber and plastic...

Old 05-22-2009, 06:20 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seafoam does = new O2 sensors. No CEL, no difference in performance, but your MPGs will drop until you replace them. I know from experiance.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
add|ct
Rookie

Originally Posted by dodgerules86
If you see the videos/pictures of some people that have used Seafoam or Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner... you'd wonder just how much crap could be cleaned from the inside of an engine.
Statement of the century.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
add|ct
Rookie

Originally Posted by mprohr
Seafoam does = new O2 sensors. No CEL, no difference in performance, but your MPGs will drop until you replace them. I know from experiance.
Correction, the SeaFoam through the vac line at the break booster will POTENTIALLY kill a spark plug that was near death anyway. It will throw a code SOMETIMES when doing a SeaFoam treatment. I just use the stuff in my gas tank and for the high end cleaning I use the Mopar CCC. Less risky if you ask me. And, its backed by Dodge so, "hey!". lol

Quick Reply: Acetone = MPG