3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Turning on 2005 DRLs

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:32 PM
pparsons
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning on 2005 DRLs

Has anyone tried to turn on the Daytime Running Lights on a US '05 Dakota? I will be moving back to Canada in a while, and need them working. I stopped by some small town dealers recently, and didn't get a clear answer. Any ideas??

Old 08-06-2009, 07:09 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i found this... the question was asked for an 05 dak.

hello, this needs to be turned on by the dealer,tim

DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
Vehicles manufactured for sale in Canada illuminate the high beam filament of both headlamp bulbs at a reduced intensity when the engine is running, the parking brake is released and the exterior lamps are turned OFF. Fleet vehicles manufactured for sale in the United States illuminate the low beam filament of both headlamp bulbs at a reduced intensity when the engine is running, the parking brake is released, the automatic transmission gear selector lever is in any position except PARK, and the exterior lamps are turned OFF. The FCM must be programmed appropriately for this feature to be enabled. Once enabled, anytime the FCM receives electronic messages over the CAN data bus from the PCM indicating the engine is running and from the EMIC indicating the status of the headlamp switch exterior lighting input is OFF and that the parking brake is released, the FCM provides a pulse width modulated voltage output to the proper headlamp bulb filaments through the right and left beam feed circuits to produce illumination at a reduced intensity

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...#ixzz0NRnBEzGp

Old 08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
pparsons
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that also, but it is sort of generic. The dealer in Michigan couldn't find the sub group when he went online. I've seen other comments saying, "Sure, just switch from US to Canadian." Not so easy. I'd love to hear from someone who did an '05. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Turning on 2005 DRLs