3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Pickin up the new ride!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
importkiller76
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks bud! Maybe I should get nominated from totm.....lol just kidding!

Old 08-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by importkiller76
Well guys here she is.....what have I got planned? Got a truxxx leveling kit on the way and an appointment made for the install (don't have the time to do it myself unfortunatly), got some moto metal 951's on the way, some 33" tires, new exhaust, and a tune.
Is that the one that installs below the strut? I forgot the brand but my buddy did a lot of research on his before getting it and found that was the best one for those trucks.

Also, you and your great aftermarket support suck. j/k

Old 08-14-2009, 07:10 PM
importkiller76
Veteran

Originally Posted by Altair
Is that the one that installs below the strut? I forgot the brand but my buddy did a lot of research on his before getting it and found that was the best one for those trucks.

Also, you and your great aftermarket support suck. j/k
I believe that it is altair. I've been doing a lot of research also and i'm considering a rancho quick lift system as well. And yes I'm loving my aftermarket support so far!!! So whenever you guys are buggin me about my GM i'm just gonna brag about all that aftermarket crap I can buy for my truck! Who knows maybe I'll do a new lift every week just because I can! lol mo ha ha i'm so evil!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Frenchy
Banned

dork.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

I believe that it is altair. I've been doing a lot of research also and i'm considering a rancho quick lift system as well. And yes I'm loving my aftermarket support so far!!! So whenever you guys are buggin me about my GM i'm just gonna brag about all that aftermarket crap I can buy for my truck! Who knows maybe I'll do a new lift every week just because I can! lol mo ha ha i'm so evil!
That's alright, give me a bit of time and you won't stand a chance in a race.

I don't remember did you answer if you got the auto-locker or not?

Last edited by Altair; 08-14-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Ms Night Ranger

Nice Truck

Old 08-15-2009, 11:05 AM
importkiller76
Veteran

Yup it's an auto-locker

Old 08-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Yup it's an auto-locker
Nice, those are a lot of fun. I nearly put his truck into a ditch the first time I drove it, he told me to stomp on it around the corner, I didn't expect the back end to take off on as fast as it did, lol. He was laughing his *** off the whole time (I kept it on the road of course ).

Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 PM
importkiller76
Veteran

And I found this company in VA that does custom tunes on these new GM trucks and i found a bunch of guys that say his custom tunes are way better than any handheld so I'm thinkin thats what I'm gonna do to get a bit more juice out of the truck And altair remember that there is no replacement for displacement. My supercharged 5.3 will beat your blown 4.7 any day of the week....lol god I knew I was gonna get ragged on for buyin a chevy....yes I'm lookin at you Frenchy!

Old 08-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

And I found this company in VA that does custom tunes on these new GM trucks and i found a bunch of guys that say his custom tunes are way better than any handheld so I'm thinkin thats what I'm gonna do to get a bit more juice out of the truck And altair remember that there is no replacement for displacement. My supercharged 5.3 will beat your blown 4.7 any day of the week....lol god I knew I was gonna get ragged on for buyin a chevy....yes I'm lookin at you Frenchy!
You work on getting your supercharger, I'll work on getting my turbos, when all is said and done we can settle it at the strip (I may need a few years, I'm not exactly loaded, lol). Also ask Eric about Dakotas vs those 5.3's, he's raced one or two.

When are we getting more pics of it anyway?

Quick Reply: Pickin up the new ride!