3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Different throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 AM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different throttle body

The 06 factory service manual shows a different throttle body then what I have on my 07 HO. I don’t have the 07 service manual but I would believe there would be no differences. Well I also found that the rear sway bar links (the part from the frame to the bar itself was different from 05/06 then 07 just as an example. The TB may be different because of the HO. As anyone with a service manual knows there is very little references made about the HO engine and its differences and the TRX-4 package does not even exists in the manual even though the rear shock where longer and stiffer and the addition of skid plates. My sensors on the TB are not as shown in the pictures in the manual. For example the TPS shows two mounting screws but my actual TB TBS has one screw. The plug shows three contacts but my electrical connector actually has only two. The picture for the 4.7 TB shows a screw in sensor into the manifold next to the TB that I don’t even have. WTF. If I where to order a Fastman TB I wonder if I would even receive the correct one being the differences in the manual to the actual parts. They don’t even mention a mass air flow MAF sensor. So of the two sensors I do have the manual shows them both as TBS and that can’t be but look at the pictures and the nomenclatures.

Last edited by graythang; 01-01-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking at getting a fastman I'd drop him a line via email, with all the 4.7 TBs he sees he might have some more knowledge on the issue.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:29 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that is the samt throttle body i have, and mine is an 05, all the tb are the same 05, 06, 07, they changed in 08. i went with the 70 mm, because of the cams and 125 shot of nitrous, but drop dan a line. 180.00 for the tb, three bolts and it is a quick change from the intake, and he gives you a 30 day exchange program

Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep Dan would have the answers but don’t you all find it strange that the service manual has it wrong?

Quick Reply: Different throttle body