3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

A few pics of the truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
FirstDodge05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are badass pics! I haven't been on this sight for awhile so forgive if I missed it, but you have a front leveling kit, right? How do you not snap your tie rod ends with all that flex? I've already replaced both of mine since installing a 2" leveling kit about 5 months ago and all I drive is highway, no offroading whatsoever.

Edit: Disregard my previous question. I just read your vehicle information and see that you have a 5" lift. Whoops...

Last edited by FirstDodge05; 10-13-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:05 PM
sleds
Veteran

Thanks, guys! I was suprised at how much flex there actually was when I took the picture. I think it might have just about as much as my old 85 Toyota with 6" lift and 35's.

Originally Posted by FirstDodge05
Those are badass pics! I haven't been on this sight for awhile so forgive if I missed it, but you have a front leveling kit, right? How do you not snap your tie rod ends with all that flex? I've already replaced both of mine since installing a 2" leveling kit about 5 months ago and all I drive is highway, no offroading whatsoever.

Edit: Disregard my previous question. I just read your vehicle information and see that you have a 5" lift. Whoops...
Actually, I am running the front end leveling kit. I got the Daystar kit and I replaced one of the tie rod end links when I put the kit in with the Monroe struts. I am still running one of the stock links and one aftermarket with no signs of wear on the front end at all so far. I installed all of this stuff in June, so maybe I am just lucky. The rest of the 5" lift is the 3" P.A. body lift.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Awesome pics!!!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 10:12 PM
FirstDodge05
Professional

Huh, I was unaware that they offered aftermarket links. Both mine are now just recently replaced (with stock links) so I will see how they hold up. Hopefully I won't have to spend the money again to replace them, but if I do, I may contact you again to see what route you went.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 PM
sleds
Veteran

Originally Posted by popsnbeer
oh...and Sleds, what kind of cap is that you have? I want one similar to it (but I want roof rack system and higher rear for large items). Any idea on what these things cost? $600 or like $2,000 ??? Thanks!
Hey Pops, the cap I have is made in the interior of B.C. (Range Rider) and when I bought it I got what I thought was a real good deal @ $1250.00. It depends if you want the ones with windows that go all the way to the back, etc. I don't know how much they are in the states, but they can get very pricey here in Canada. The common ones are Leer, ARE, etc.

Originally Posted by canadiandodge
looks awesome sleds a little jelous

and pops i called about a cap for my truck and they wanted 900 for a used one and that was a leer
Hey, Canadian. What's going on with that body lift? Do you have it in and where are the pics? Lets see that beast.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sleds man, that thing looks killer with the cap off. I mean it looked good before but wow! Nice work!

Old 10-17-2009, 09:51 AM
canadiandodge
All Star

sleds i have had it installed since aug but just have had to time to get pics i will get them up soon about to go wash the beast then i will snap a couple pics

Quick Reply: A few pics of the truck