3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

stopping power

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Raptor7
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i just placed my order with Moparpartsamerica, and my stuff should arrive before the weekend i hope. i tried to post a few pics of the bumper in the state that it is in at the moment, but the images are to large in size so i need to make them smaller so the can fit on here. i am thinking of doing a before and after kind of thing and then also once i get it painted as well. if they are pretty quick i might see about getting more things from them. thanks everyone...

Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 AM
bain64
Veteran

Use photobucket.com to post pictures. You upload them to your free photobucket account and then link to that image when you post here.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:37 AM
rick4dak
Veteran

As far as the brakes - My plan was to install EBC rotors and pads. The rotors are dimpled and slotted to remove gases and dust and the pads are recomended for trailer towing. I seem to remember that NAPA has two different caliper options, one has 2 and one has 3 pistons (I think). If anyone has these on their truck, the rest of us might be interested in performance improvement and part numbers, I certainly would.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Raptor7
Rookie

i will try that photobucket.com as soon as i get a chance. i have looked at the EBC rotors and pads before and at that time didn't see anything for my truck, but that was a while back. i will have to look at them again. did you find them on any particular site or did you go straight to EBC to get the price on them? Do you remember the brand on the calipers, or do you guys think that one brand is better than the other?

Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 PM
rick4dak
Veteran

Take a look at buybrakes.com for the EBC rotors and pads.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Raptor7
Rookie

so i just got an email from MoparPartsAmerica.com, and the prices of my parts have gone up or the site doesn't show the correct ones from the get go. i don't know which, but the prices are not the same. on top of that, it is going to cost 563.00 dollars to ship the parts up here. does anyone know of any way or company that will ship parts to alaska for cheaper. i really want to get these parts, but i just don't know if i want to spend 918 dollars total to get them.

Quick Reply: stopping power