3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Anyone used the Airaid MIT ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:08 PM
NC06DAK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone used the Airaid MIT ?

has anyone used one of these airaid mit's on there dak with any improvements noticed over the stock setup. its a lot cheaper than a CAI and I'm on a tight budget !

Old 02-09-2010, 09:50 PM
spshultz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I have one. And I didn't really notice any difference other than it got louder. After that I tried the Automat SRI (Short Ram Intake) and actually did notice a difference in power. I ran it for a while like that. Then, I put my Automat SRI together with my Airaid MIT and that's when I felt the most power. I'm still running the two together right now, but it is quite loud.

When it gets warmer I'm going to try using the Airaid MIT again. Then I'll modify my stock filter box by increasing the size of the inlet elbow to 4+ inches and route it straight to the headlight area instead of into the fenderwell. I'm hoping for similar power results (although it will probably be a bit less) and a quieter sound.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:10 PM
LB
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did that, connected my MIT to my stock airbox, but I used a 4" PVC 90 out to the original hole in the fenderwell (cutting airbox and fenderwell for no obstructions).
I never thought about running it out front, seems like it would be much easier and more of a "forced air" induction.

I have a K&N filter, the only thing I have noticed is more noise, (hoping for ANYTHING in mileage) let us know how the out front works!

LB

Quick Reply: Anyone used the Airaid MIT ?