3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Putting Driving Light in your Fogs.?.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 PM
studlyblueiz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Putting Driving Light in your Fogs.?.

So one of my fog lights were out. I had stock 9005 headlight bulbs which came from my wife's Scion XB. Anyways, I got curious about using the 9005 in my fog assembly. They're 60w compared to 42W/45W fogs. The 60W for obvious reasons were sooo much brighter compared to the Silverstars. I think maybe the real worry would be the extra load on the harness and cracking or melting the fog housing. I hear some people say it works with no issues then others warning no b/c you may. Anyone here done this with no issues? I think I'm gonna keep this setup and monitor it for awhile. I feel like two solutions would be add a relay and lower the heat with a led 9005 bulb.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:16 AM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem with the electrical load even 100w would OK but the ladder of what you said is totally valid. The extremely cheap factory assemblies will be damaged. I had gone through three sets under warranty because of flaking or cracking lenses from within. I now have both lenses doing this again and yes the truck is over it’s warranty. I would like to find a high quality assembly that I could use a 60 or a 100 watt lamps with. Problem is the factory mounting setup on the bumper fascia support.

Quick Reply: Putting Driving Light in your Fogs.?.