3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Anyone else's truck make this noise?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:14 AM
motodeficient
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else's truck make this noise?

05 4WD 3.7L auto

When I am coming up over a hill or something and the RPMs are low, and I step on the gas just slightly (not enough for it to downshift) the transmission makes a gurgling noise. It happens so consistantly that I am thinking its a normal noise for this drivetrain. Just wondering if anyone else can verify this?

Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Moneyman19
Captain

actually this dosn't sound to well i have the v8 and never heard any noise from my transmission. get down there and check if theres any cracks

Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 AM
motodeficient
Professional

Its going in to the shop for some front end work, I will have them check it out. I really think its a normal noise though, its not a grinding noise or anything, just sounds like its getting ready to downshift but doesn't because its only slight throttle being applied. If I give it a little more throttle it downshifts and the noise stops.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:59 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have an 05 3.7 2wd and have never heard this but then again i have a flowmaster exhaust but i agree with money if sounds like you have a problem that could become a sever problem

Quick Reply: Anyone else's truck make this noise?