3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Satellite Radio 05 Dakota SLT

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Leland107
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio 05 Dakota SLT

Hey Guys,

I've been visiting the board for about a month. This is a great site and I'm glad to be a member. I just purchased an 05 Dakota SLT over the weekend. I think it's going to be a great Truck. It's practically brand new with only 11,500 miles on it. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

I have a question. It is equipped with the 6 Disc Stock Radio. I've noticed that it has Satellite radio listed as one of the modes. Anyone know if I have to purchase an add-on to make this usable or is it already equipped with all I need?

I appreciate the help.
Chris

Old 03-22-2010, 11:01 AM
rick4dak
Veteran

If it has the selection and antenna on the roof, all you need to do is contact the provider. They will reconnect it and charge your credit card.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:57 AM
scwpd
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea cheack for an antenna on your roof and look i think its under one of the seats for the recieve brain if not you can buy the brain and antenna but it is costly. you would be better off getting one of the plug and play units with the antenna adapter as the fcc made them turn down the strength of the fm transmiters.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Sirus/XM subscription prices have gone way up. They now offer lesser scrip. packages with smaller program line ups. They started charging for music royalty fees on top of the annual scrip. service fee of 142. and change. With taxes and royalty charges the annual fee is 187. and change. That’s over $15.00 a month. The product is just not worth the price hence their falling memberships. And they charge you credit card the extra fee without you knowing it. They claim they sent an email to the membership explaining the royalty fee but I never saw that email and it should have been sent via US mail with the annual membership mailer and was not included. Needless to say this is my last subscription year with them.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio 05 Dakota SLT