3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

now another problem input?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Moneyman19
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default now another problem input?

Well some of you might remember that i had problems before and ended up getting new plugs and injectors blown. well the night before i got my new brakes my check engine light came on and she was jerking bad shes never done it before like that and it came up number 6 cylinder is misfiring. i said okay maybe one of the new spark plugs is bad. when i got my new brakes put on he didn't think it was the plug at all and it was the coil well my dad just said to put a new coil on... I wanted a new plug aswell. well that didnt happen took it home she was deff running smoother. drove to my friends house yesterday and shes doing it again. im still thinking it could be the new plug. so i was wondering if anyone did a write up on how to change the plugs i will be doing it myself. if that dosn't work probably going to the dealership and Have new injectors put on (warranty) unless my dad wants to be nice and buy bigger injectors lol. (no job yet) what ya guys think?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:39 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...you know its cyl 6? Pull the coil, remove the plug, inspect it, make sure it didn't get damaged during The install. If everything looks good, then reinstall it, then make sure you re-seat the coil well, and bolt it down. Don't over tighten anything, the plugs just need to be snug, the coil bolt is just to hold it there, so just snug it.

Take it for a drive.

Thats step 1.

If your not comfortable doing any of that, then just take it too a shop/dealer, tell them about the code, and the very first thing any mechanic that can read a book should do is what I described above.

Last edited by MonkeyWrench4000; 04-18-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Moneyman19
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive had my hanes book just wasnt as detailed found an old post that blown posted a picture got it out and stuff it had alittle carbon build up on it so i cleaned the air filter and changed the plug and wow truck was alive no more jerkiness im jsut hopign it dosnt do it again if so its the injectors but im thinking if it is, dealership....that way i dont have to pay for anything.

Quick Reply: now another problem input?