3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

replacing fog light assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default replacing fog light assembly

Can anyone who has a haynes book on hand let me know in advanced how you remove/replace the fog lights in the front bumper? I had gotten a new bumper a few weeks ago, and the fog lights for it are just shipping now. The new bumper is already on the truck, with no fog lights installed. Will I have to remove the bumper again to install them? By the looks of them, it seems to be one little screw that attaches it somewhere?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i beileve its two screws and you may need to pull back the splash guard and be somewhat flexable to get in there lol but you shouldnt hafta remove the bumper unless you wanna may make it easier im not sure bout your body style but the 08s are pretty easy to get off

Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres a pic of the 08 light housing assembly i would assume its pretty close \

PICT0185.jpg?t=1272499728\
yeah its not on my truck its opn the side lawn lol this is the passanger side you can see......

Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 AM
biker_ahoy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to remove the front bumper facial to replace one of my cracked housings, there are three screws on the top of the bumper under the hood, and Two in each wheel well, then it just pops off, really easy to do, and will make it 100% easier to install the lights.

As you can see in this pic, the light are super easy to get at with the facial removed

Quick Reply: replacing fog light assembly