3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

towing mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 PM
sleds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default towing mirrors

Has anyone seen these mirrors in real life? It looks like Mopar actually makes a proper towing mirror for our trucks now. Kinda spendy, but might be worth looking into for myself. I'll be towing a 23ft travel trailer now, so the sport mirrors have to go, plus no mirror extension seems to work very well on them. This is copied from the Mopar website.
It said fits 2005 to 2009 Dakota in the book at the dealers when I asked them if anything was available. So 2005 to current.

Trailer Towing Mirror, Exterior

Trailer Towing Mirrors are easily installed to help improve visibility when towing wide or long trailers. All Trailer Tow Mirrors include convex spotter glass for improve blind spot visibility and feature premium-quality glass on a sturdy steel mount tohelp insure stable, vibration-free reflections. Available in Manual, Power Heated and Power Heated with Turn Signal and Side Marker Lights.

Item Number UOM Qty Your Price
82210875 Each $436.00
8.75"" x 7.75"" Main Glass and 3.5"" x 4.25"" Spotter Glass that manually telescopes out 4.5"" and folds in. Contains Left and Right Power Mirrors. Heated, power control and defrost functions remain active.

Fits: Dakota

Old 05-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Buckmaster
Rookie

I wish they had a pic... I doubt I would drop that kind of cash in mirrors(mainly because I don't have that kind of cas) But some tow mirrors for a Dakota would just look mean.

BTW Your truck is my roll model, lift, bull bar, etc... Looks awesome man.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

is it these?

Old 05-23-2010, 12:49 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

Josh, those are the ones I have. They come with the two package. The ones he is talking about are these....

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_d.../M82210875.jpg

They're huge.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Those r the ram towing mirrors u should be able to just get a set off a ram and put them on the ram mirrors are the same for my truck and u gotta figure that Dodge is lazy so they ain't gonna do multiple different bolt patterns

Old 05-23-2010, 06:31 PM
sleds
Veteran

Originally Posted by SilverGhost1
Josh, those are the ones I have. They come with the two package. The ones he is talking about are these....

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_d.../M82210875.jpg

They're huge.
Hmm, I like that. If I do end up getting a set I'll for sure take some pics with them on for anyone else. Thanks for finding that, Ghost.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:32 PM
sleds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Buckmaster
I wish they had a pic... I doubt I would drop that kind of cash in mirrors(mainly because I don't have that kind of cas) But some tow mirrors for a Dakota would just look mean.

BTW Your truck is my roll model, lift, bull bar, etc... Looks awesome man.
Thank you.

Quick Reply: towing mirrors