3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

ARGH! I think my water pump and/or clutch fan is going bad again

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:16 PM
MrCrash
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARGH! I think my water pump and/or clutch fan is going bad again

Unless it's just because it is humid as heck out here, I think my clutch fan and/or water pump is slowly dying again. I had this same issue last summer as well. One of them is making a loud squeal starting around 5500rpms. It wasn't doing it earlier when I left the forum meet, but started up once I got near my house. Both parts were replaced by the dealer, and it seems to have lasted about a year again. I'm thinking maybe something in the accessories is out of alignment causing them to wear out prematurely? A clutch fan and waterpump should last longer than a year...

Old 06-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Slick Dakota
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear that man, has anyone talked on here about a electric water pump? I got my fog lights installed today, just in time to catch a shower and head off to a graduation party Dohhhh.. I put two in the grill and two under the rear bumper and man are they bright I will poat a thread with pics when I get a chance.. Cya Slick

Last edited by Slick Dakota; 06-13-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Quick Reply: ARGH! I think my water pump and/or clutch fan is going bad again