3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

dak not shifting. getting 3000 rpm while doing 40/45mph

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:48 PM
SinceOne
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dak not shifting. getting 3000 rpm while doing 40/45mph

hey fellas

i recently came by a problem with my 05 dakota. i was at a stop light, i pressed the gas on green and then all of the sudden i hear my engine rev and the rpm guage jump to around 3k. my truck did not go forward during that event it just stooped accelerating for a second until the high rev stopped.

now when i drive i feel no shifting at all, i only go about 40 or 45 mph because at that spped im already at 3000rpm. any faster and my rpm would go 4k.

this happens most of the time but its not 100% of the time. it would drive normal then all of the sudden go back to not shifting and high rpm's. if i disconnect battery, it seems to make the problem go away for a lil while.

also ever since this dtarted to happen, when i start my truck, the digital odometer looks to be glitchy and flashes quick.

anybody know what is the source to this problem? i have not been able to get a checkup yet because of work.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had problems with my truck's tranny. it was not shifting properly and been still in warranty, took her to the dealer and they changed the transmission selenoid and went back to normal...

Quick Reply: dak not shifting. getting 3000 rpm while doing 40/45mph