3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

? about clutch fan

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:44 AM
whistle pig
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about clutch fan

I just got back from vacation. Denver to Oceanside CA. 2005 4.7 quad cab with now 35k miles. Truck did great! 2 adults, 2 kids, bed completely full. 65 to 85 mph the entire way, with AC on. Best tank 19.5 mpg. worst, 16.5. My question is, I've never heard the clutch fan come on with this truck? The highest my temp. gauge read was about a quarter of an inch past the half way mark. This is through Vegas, 108 deg. in bumper to bumper traffic for about 20 minutes. AC on the whole time, blowing lukewarm! Truck just ran flawless! Still no clutch fan kicking in. I can tell if it was on or not, sound, drop in power. At what temp is it suppose to kick on? Still have origonal thermostat. 195' i think. And it spins freely by hand when motors off. Also, lets say it is broke. Do I even need it? Thinking about just taking it off and some time down the road putting on an electric, but it doesn't get hot like Cali or Vegas here in Denver. So.... any insight is very much appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 PM
whistle pig
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey eric, thanks for the responce. I'll have another look and pop the hood and see if it's actually spinning. on my 2000 durango I had I definately knew it was on, pretty darn loud. I'm sure your right. If it wasn't working with 108' in traffic I would of been overheating. Thanks

Quick Reply: ? about clutch fan