3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Interesting accidental find....or is it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

It's been a week or so since I posted this, I though I would put a follow-up. I have ran a couple tanks of gas through (I drive a lot and we went on a trip this past weekend), I can report an almost 1 mpg increase in mileage overall (same conditions, hot weather, A/C on ). More power definitely, there is one long uphill grade on my drive home that used to cause a downshift that now I can make it without the downshift, the idle has remained somewhat smooth, I'm starting to feel the loping when I come to a stop, but once I'm stopped it smooths out. Another weird thing, when I had the cruise on before and I hit the cancel button, the transmission would shift out of overdrive (or the converter would unlock), now it does not do that. It has definitely helped, whatever I did. I plan on adding this to my 3 mo/3000 mile maint. service, disconnect the battery overnight....lol. I just wonder if mty PCM needs to be flashed or updated or something.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Brian9
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So many people have had success with this fixing things so I disconnected my battery and then looked at my truck in the morning and it had fixed a chip in the paint on my fender! hehe..... just kidding. I will be trying this though epecially if it gained you some mpg! Thanks for sharing Keaton!

Quick Reply: Interesting accidental find....or is it?