3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

water on my passenger floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 PM
DodgeSean
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water on my passenger floor

it seems like only when it rains my carpet will get soaked underneath my floor mat. i went as far as pulling the seat out and the carpet back and noticed that it was only entering through somewhere on the firewall. then i heard a rumor about the AC drain not working properly or something. Does anyone know or heard of this.

I looked everywhere and could not see 1 spot that water could get through aside from taking the dash which i will not do. thanks

Old 08-06-2010, 01:45 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

it could be either the ac draining inside or water leaking thru the windshield seal. i had that problem and came out to be a bad windshield seal. it was fixed at the dealer under warranty... good luck...

Old 08-06-2010, 02:24 PM
always_something

the ac condensattion drain has cause that problem, among other things. There is a black hose that sticks out of your firewall, on passenger side about half way down(close to manifold). It is sealed to the firewall with a foam seal that dries out and stops working. The general fix is putting a 90 on it. It happened to 2 of my dodges.

Last edited by always_something; 08-06-2010 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: water on my passenger floor