3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

I think I can get it to fit...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:45 PM
trevorrawson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I can get it to fit...

I'm curious about this radio I'm looking at. It's from an '08 and I have an '05 so I need to cut the dash and I've read the '05-'07 Nav Bezel thread. My question is if there is a wiring harness available and if anyone knows if the uconnect would work with an iPhone 4? I don't care about the Nav all I really want is the aux jack and the hands free phone option. But I don't want to go cutting my dash if this doesn't work with the iphone 4. I can always just get an aftermarket but I like the look of having it stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...ht_3525wt_1167

Old 12-20-2010, 06:03 PM
canadiandodge
All Star

i really wish i could help but i dunno dont have a iphone i know the bluetooth works very well on my dads blackberry in his 08 jeep your gonna need the mirror for it to work tho i am pretty sure my dad had to get it to make his work i wil ask next time i talk to him

Old 12-20-2010, 09:55 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

you have to have the u-connect option to make those radios work. the mirror with the buttons on it. The radios with the buttons wont work as far as I know.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:33 PM
trevorrawson
Rookie

Maybe I'll hold off for now. I'd love to keep the stock look but for a lot less I can get a much better system. Thanks for the input.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:59 PM
dodgetrucker75
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
you have to have the u-connect option to make those radios work. the mirror with the buttons on it. The radios with the buttons wont work as far as I know.
i wish i had a for sure answer, but i tell what i know... my 08 (non nav) had the u-connect buttons, but was not set up, the research i did, showed you need a harness kit, best price i found was around $250-$280 then you had to take it to the dealer and have them activate it, when i installed the mygig, i bought a $30 "jumper harness" that also has the mic you can mount where ever you want and it worked perfect, however the stock unit had the exact same plugs in the back of it compared to the mygig, but i never thought to check if the jumper harness worked on the stock unit, but i also know that you need a lock pick to install a mygig in an 05-07 daks... i know, way too much info here

Quick Reply: I think I can get it to fit...