3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

For those who want Nightrunner headlights - $155

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 AM
rengnath
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Hey now... dont be placing me in that class. I care about awesomeness and functionality with v8 POWER ie. the Dakota!
At least I didnt say Tacoma

Old 01-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well looks like I will be starting my Chrome and Grey plastic to black in the next week or so. Guess I will be purchasing these headlights and hope they are semi high quality.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:03 PM
rengnath
Champion

Let us know how they turn out man!

Old 01-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know it! Gonna start tracking down primmer and paint this week. Then steeling the spray booth at work over the weekend. Will have to wait till next pay check to order the lights.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:40 PM
rengnath
Champion

Alright, so I got myself a pair of real Nightrunners made by Mopar. I found one of each used on eBay, and the second one finally shipped out today. The first one looked awesome, and the second one is said to be in excellent condition. Total investment was $176. The first headlight was missing a peg and part of the alignment screw was broke on the back, but it doesnt affect the alignment.

For someone who is interested in a their own OEM Nightrunners:
** Link Removed **
** Link Removed **

I almost bought that driver side headlight, but it says its "not insurance quality" so I am guessing it may need some wet sanding to be brought back to life. If you have the ability to sand and polish the light up, this would probably make a good set of lights. I just like to have genuine mopar parts.

If you can score the right headlight for the $35 opening bid, it would only be $85 for both shipped to your door. Not too bad, IMO. Worst case senario, you have to wait for a new drivers side to pop up. But $85 is less than I paid for one of mine.

Last edited by rengnath; 02-17-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link, I snatched it up! PLEASE don't bid on the other half, I would cry!
I dunno why they would make one "buy it now" and bid on the other one?

Not worried about "insurance quality"

Now if you could find me a cheap painted grill.....

Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
rengnath
Champion

No worries, my other side is coming in the mail and it is the driver side, so if there is a problem I wouldve had to buy the BIN one.

Im guessing the BIN one had an issue somewhere, but I couldnt tell where in the photos. The only thing I did see was that the seal was missing for the headlight bulb, but you can just use the one from your stock headlight. Good luck for the second one; you should get it for that price. I dont think there are too many watching it. Lol. I removed the links to help you out

For the grille, I had searched every day for about 6 months. There was a white one that sold for $50 to a DF member a while back, and I finally found a black one. I wouldve creamed my pants if it was red. Lol

Quick Reply: For those who want Nightrunner headlights - $155