3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Engine Light.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 03:15 PM
ND Dakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Light.

Jumped in the truck the other day and the "engine light" and a "beep" showed up.

Damn, now what??? I took it to the new Dodge Dealer as the place I bought the truck from in 2005 lost the Dodge name.

I don't need the thing to quit on me being it's still winter up here in the north land, so I thought I better get it checked out.

Seems like a couple of cylinders weren't firing right so they said it could have just been a bad tank of gas or being I'm at 44,000 miles I should have changed the plugs at 30,000. They reset the computer so I am set to go, so far at least.

Now what REALLY pisses me off is the $86 charge to "analyze" the problem. That tool should be for them to find a problem to save time in order to get it fixed. Do they charge you extra for the spark plug wrench to change the plugs???

Anyway I got the same song and dance about only using "champion" plugs in Chrysler products as the computer is set from the factory to only recognize champions.

I think it's time to look at a new Silverado. I have driven GM products all my life and they have NEVER tried to jerk my chain over trivial crap.

There, I'm done griping. I think I'm still depressed from our LONG winter. I should feel better in a few weeks, I hope.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:57 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

the stealer will **** you off every time. i HATE taking anything to the stealer, even if I have a warranty because they will ALWAYS find a way to charge for something....

Old 02-25-2011, 06:25 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the dealers are awful with what "chrysler recommends". i had my truck in for a new tcase under warranty and they did maintenance while waiting for the part. i told them dont do a tuneup because i already have a set of bosch plats i planned on popping in. the guy instantly talks me out of anything nonchamp and i was pissed. sure, i have found out from these forums that only champs and autolites and possibly ngk are good in our trucks but its still annoying.

Quick Reply: Engine Light.