3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Few problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
1998DodgeGuy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few problems

Hey guys Ive been with this form for a long time now. found it when i had a 98 ram and just about a year ago i bought a 05 dakota SLT. I havnt posted much since i mainly use the search but now I have a few porblems I cant solve:

1) I have HIDs in my headlight and fogs from HID extra. I installed the headlights no problems. but after i installed the fog lights i have this problem where i turn them on and everything in the dash/radio shuts off then comes back on. I push the fog light button back on and its fine. it like it shorts out the first time you turn them on when ther 'cold'. so i installed a relay but that didnt fix the problem. it also makes my radio real staticy.

2) randomly my airbag lights come on and will go off later then maybe stay off for a week and come back on. this just keeps happing. and sometimes my ABS/brake like will do the exact same thing. not at the same time as the air bag though. I was able to scan it one and got two codes. -low volatge- and something like speratic reading from RF wheel sensor.

Truck + Mods
2005 SLT 4.7 85K
HIDS
Painted grill and front bumper
mesh grill
eyelids
debaged
smoked tail lights
dual exhaust
tonnu cover
leveling kit
gauges on the steering colum
CAI
Superchips( had for 2 months and still waiting for them to fix the T42 problem ! )
and a hell of alot more to come

will post photos if i can get these issuse solved
thanks for reading

-Matt

Old 04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check all your connections, specially the ground and go from there!!

Welcome to the 3rd Gen Dakota Forums and we love pics so :

Quick Reply: Few problems