3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

20 hour drive for a truck that I'm not 100% on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:38 AM
T_Visk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 hour drive for a truck that I'm not 100% on.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/car-tru...dakota-ct.html

I talked to this guy a little. And the truck sounds solid mechanically. But the body/paint doesn't seem to be in as good condition as I want. Along with some cigarette burns inside. It's under my budget so maybe could take out a few extra grand on the loan to try and fix these things. I would definitely change some mods but I like most of what he has done with the truck.

What's your guys opinion on price and would you buy if were in my shoes?

Thanks.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:20 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well this is my opinion, and i fix cars and trucks for a living so it may vary from someone elses.

but when ive always shopped for a car or truck. the body was the last on my priority list (as far as paint and trim, NOT straightness or rust. THOSE are important)

BUT when i buy vehicles, the main thing i look at is mechanicals. how much will a part cost ME (parts, not labor) to fix something. Since paint jobs are cheap and dent repair is part of a paint job, that was always no problem for me.

But if major components dont need to be replaced (ie. trans, heads, any major ecm, pcm, or similar computers.) than i feel more comfortable about buying it.

stupid little things like needs brakes or tires soon. etc. i usually hassle the seller and make it sound like a big deal to drop the price. but in reality (if your mechanically inclined) things like brakes are easy ways to drop the price because its cheaper for you to do them yourself once you buy the truck.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

thats a sharp looking truck, but there has to be something closer that you could actually see in person....did you check carmax?

Old 05-09-2011, 09:33 AM
MitsuRaider
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pretty nice, but if there is anyting closer look there first.

It's not good to fall in love with cars, not before you buy them at least.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:54 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by MitsuRaider
It's not good to fall in love with cars, not before you buy them at least.
haha...i fell in love with mine on the first test drive....

Old 05-09-2011, 12:04 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

truck looks straight, also if those 20 inch rims come with it, those are sweet too. I live in ct also, this winter was bad, really bad. if you go, please check the under carraige for rust and broken frt end parts.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
TomZ
Professional

AutoTrader.com is an excellent resource. Regardless of styling, the '08+ V8 is a huge step up in power. The very first time you have a heavy load, (and trust me you will) you'll kick yourself in the butt for not getting a 300+ HP truck. Trucks are like getting a bigger house: you think you can never fill it. Six months later you're looking at a U-Store It unit. I found my 2010 BigHorn with less than 3K miles through AutoTrader, last month. I purchased it from a major new car dealer in Pensacola, FL, for 19K. GL with your search.

Last edited by TomZ; 05-09-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:48 PM
T_Visk
Rookie

Originally Posted by TomZ
I found my 2010 BigHorn with less than 3K miles through AutoTrader, last month. I purchased it from a major new car dealer in Pensacola, FL, for 19K. GL with your search.

nice buy

Quick Reply: 20 hour drive for a truck that I'm not 100% on.