3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Newbie Here

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 01:44 AM
NikkoPz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie Here

Im currently Deployed to Afghanistan and trying to get some mods on my 06 Dakota SLT quadcab. Im trying to go through a truck shop back home but they dont seem to be much help so here i am asking the experts. Im planning on leveling it 2" in the front but trying to figure out what size rims and tires I can run after that. I wanna run 18" XD series Misfits, with that what size tires can i run? i want to put some nitto terra grappler all terrains or general tire The Grabber AT2 but not sure what size to order...any help or input would be awesome

Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 AM
marcsnyder05
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm running the stock 18" wheels and I have 275/65/18 with a 3" body lift and I have some rubbing. what offset are the XDs? Someone will chime in here soon with more info. and welcome to the forum. and thank you for your service, and come home safe. What branch are you in? I'm in the AF

Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 AM
NikkoPz

Im not sure what the offset is im on the Govmnt network so cant really research to much, guess im lucky they havent blocked this site yet...But i was looking into NItto because of the low sidewalls but still gots some good tread...im in the Marines and got three months left on this deploymet so im hoping to get my truck done before i get home...appreciate it

Old 06-08-2011, 09:12 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The XD Misfit wheels come with an offset of zero only. I don't know why they don't have any other choices available, it's really stupid. XD wheels usually come in a few offset choices, one being +18, which is really good on our trucks. A few guys here run a zero offset, but with an +18 (or similar) offset, you can fit a little larger tire on without doing much or any trimming.

The Terra Grappler is a great tire, and some guys have balancing issues with the General Grabbers. On a stock suspension, you could fit a 265/60/18, with the 2" leveling kit (and proper offset), you could probably go 285/60/18 with some trimming (about 31.5" tire).

Just get home safe and Welcome to DF.

Last edited by dakotaff; 06-08-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 PM
NikkoPz

I appreciate the help, do you know if the XD hoss black is one that comes in +18 offset? or the Mickey Thompson sidebiter? i cant research these things from here but i wanna order the right sizes for everything because a buddy of mine is gonna do the work for me. Thanks again and glad to be on the forum

Old 06-08-2011, 12:10 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by NikkoPz
I appreciate the help, do you know if the XD hoss black is one that comes in +18 offset? or the Mickey Thompson sidebiter? i cant research these things from here but i wanna order the right sizes for everything because a buddy of mine is gonna do the work for me. Thanks again and glad to be on the forum
The XD hoss is available with an 18 offset. And the Mickey Thompson sidebiter only comes in negative offsets (no good).

Quick Reply: Newbie Here