3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

dont no were to put subs at

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 PM
dodgedad80
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I figured. I'm sure it could easily be figured out.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 AM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well here is what I know guys after doin my own in stall with the mtx enclosure.

1. if you just want to take the seat back off you need a #45 torx bit as mentioned. Getting the bolt by the door off is easy, but in order to be able to get the torx bit into the bolt in between the two seats you need to slightly raise the rear passenger seat to get it in. If you are just going to take the whole seat out, I believe you need an 18mm socket to fit the bolts.

2. I know that our daks dont have much room underneath them, but if you wanted to be able to put either one or two subs under the bench this would be my suggestion. If you trim the seat cover on the bottom and do away with the springs that you sit on under the foam pad and just put in sheet metal or diamond plating (like I did), you will gain about 1.5-2 inches of clearance...also, the carpet the goes under the seat has almost 1 inch of padding, so if you cut that out as well you would have a total of almost 3 extra inches of clearance. If you were to do all that and make a custom fiberglass enclosure, you could probably fit one or two shallow mount 10 inch subs. here are a few more pics of when i did mine, if it helps paint a better picture for you.
IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 AM
durapu
Professional

you might concider taking out the stock center console and make a custom one which would includes a sub enclosure

Old 06-29-2011, 11:32 PM
gjmoran
Captain

im gonna rip my front middle seat out and one of the forum members here is going to build me asick *** sub box

Old 06-30-2011, 03:30 AM
italiandominator
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by durapu
you might concider taking out the stock center console and make a custom one which would includes a sub enclosure

Thats not a bad idea. I thought about doing the same, but you need to keep something in mind. First, I know we are all different, but I keep alot of stuff that I need in my center console, and I'd have no where to put it, if I didn't have it. Also, It's a comfy place to rest my arm and I think it'd get annoying after awhile if my arm was constantly vibrating. Don't forget that the center console is where I put my drinks, so if you get rid of it, plan on holding any drink from there on out, or even if you do keep the cup holder part of it with all that bass your drink will probably vibrate to the point of spilling your drink or if its a soda or anything carbontated it will probably make it go flat in 10 minutes flat. BUT, if you don't need to store anything and you don't have drinks that often in your ride, then yeah it could be a real good way to go. If you were to go that route and make your own custom box keep in mind that the center console is only a little over 6 inches wide, so if if you are planning on getting at least a 10 inch sub, your either gonna need to mount that puppy sideways, or make your box so it spreads out wider behind the front seats in order to fit something larger. If you wanted to get a little crazy and dabble in fiberglass, I would keep the stock console, fiberglass the inside of it, leave a little room at the top, so you could still store stuff, and then just cut the back of it off and fab up a wider piece to mount your sub and then just wire in your amp under the passenger seat. Just a thought. Hope it all goes well for ya.

Quick Reply: dont no were to put subs at