3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Right signal/right brake not working on trailer

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:56 AM
mTn_biKer65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right signal/right brake not working on trailer

Just heard back from Dodge that the PDC needs to be replaced on my 2008 Dakota because the wire that comes from it for the right signal/right brake isn't working. Since this is the only thing failing on the PDC and I don't want to shell out $500 for just one signal light I'd prefer to go old school and run just that wire to one of my tail lights. Sound reasonable??

The wire coming from the PDC that powers the right signal/right brake is lime green. Which color would I need to tie into at the tail light to get the corresponding trailer light working in sequence?

Thanks

Old 06-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Brand
Professional

???

They're telling you to replace a $500 component (that's working perfectly) because of a BROKEN WIRE?

They're telling you this with a straight face?

Something's not adding up here.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
mTn_biKer65

Perhaps my wording could've been better but the wire is fine, there's just no signal/12v hitting it from the PDC. I actually checked 3/4 of the length of the wire in question and was getting close to the same conclusion when I took it in.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:27 PM
lootownpunx
Professional

Originally Posted by mTn_biKer65
Just heard back from Dodge that the PDC needs to be replaced on my 2008 Dakota because the wire that comes from it for the right signal/right brake isn't working. Since this is the only thing failing on the PDC and I don't want to shell out $500 for just one signal light I'd prefer to go old school and run just that wire to one of my tail lights. Sound reasonable??

The wire coming from the PDC that powers the right signal/right brake is lime green. Which color would I need to tie into at the tail light to get the corresponding trailer light working in sequence?

Thanks

wow i thought i was the only one i have this same problem!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 PM
lootownpunx
Professional

im prob going to do the same as your thinking...ill most likely use a meter and take the readings on the plug and the turn signal and splice the wires in via jumper wire

Quick Reply: Right signal/right brake not working on trailer