3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What to do with spray on bedliner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:00 PM
wingman_214
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paint a chevy at your local wallmart.

Rear bumper cover and the front wheel wells. Maybe that portion of frame in front of radiator that always rusts up.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

That frame below the radiator and gas tank are good idea's. Thanks guys

Old 08-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran

I have the aftermarket mopar splash guards on the back fenders, and they came in black. Instead of painting them red to match my truck, i painted my front splash guards with the rustoleum bed liner spray.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today I did the radio surround (I was not completely happy with how the paint came out after modifying it for the MyGIG), and my cruise control switches, and the plastic that surrounds the power window switches. Debating on spraying part of the dash next...I just LOVE the feel of the texture..

I REALLY like the Rustoleum stuff...I am super-close to doing my grill surround and front bumper (got a used Mopar front bumper cover (without chrome strip) off Craigslist for $80, so I f I don't like how the bedliner spray looks, I will just get it painted to match the truck).

If I like it, I will sell the used bumper cover. If I don't, I am going back to a chrome grill/factory head lights....so I MIGHT have a pair of Mopar night runner headlights, bumper cover and grill for sale

On another unrelated note, I am close to putting the HO cams in. I picked up the wedge and new lash adjusters....just need the time now!

Old 08-20-2011, 03:55 PM
MitsuRaider
All Star

Do it! i found the cams were a lot easier to install that people make it out to be.

Lol but at the same time I did it at my dads workshop, and that man has about every imaginable tool.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Jeremysp1993
Veteran

Originally Posted by Hammond_Egger
Today I did the radio surround (I was not completely happy with how the paint came out after modifying it for the MyGIG), and my cruise control switches, and the plastic that surrounds the power window switches. Debating on spraying part of the dash next...I just LOVE the feel of the texture..

I REALLY like the Rustoleum stuff...I am super-close to doing my grill surround and front bumper (got a used Mopar front bumper cover (without chrome strip) off Craigslist for $80, so I f I don't like how the bedliner spray looks, I will just get it painted to match the truck).

If I like it, I will sell the used bumper cover. If I don't, I am going back to a chrome grill/factory head lights....so I MIGHT have a pair of Mopar night runner headlights, bumper cover and grill for sale

On another unrelated note, I am close to putting the HO cams in. I picked up the wedge and new lash adjusters....just need the time now!
Yeah i love the feel too! I painted my taillight guards, my light bar, and my front splash guards! Next is gonna be my grille. What is your bumper? The factory plastic black? or the color matched ones? I also wanted to paint mine, which is the basic plastic one.

Send some pics of the interior with the bed liner. I am interested!

How did your my gig install go? I wanted to install a double din dvd in mine at one time, but i went with the easier single din slide out dvd so i wouldnt have to modify my trim.

Quick Reply: What to do with spray on bedliner?