3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

wet floor mystery driving me nuts

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Hammond_Egger
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is rat ****.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 AM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammond_Egger
I think it is rat ****.

put your nose to it and smell it or rub ur finger in it and taste it

Old 08-17-2011, 09:05 AM
01KotaQuad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunder98110
windows all rolled up, no visible leaks inside the cab/window trim fine. the floor gets wet UNDER my rubber mat, no water ontop of the mat. only happens when it rains. how is water getting soaked from underneath even when I dont drive it in the rain????

i should add its on the driver side only, right were my right heel rests when its on the gas pedal. parked on level ground.

rained in the middle of the night, go out in the morning and its wet. i dont get it.
we checked mine for my training class for Safelite AutoGlass...it was my third brake light so check that too...

Old 08-17-2011, 10:50 AM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

true i forgot about that my wifes car the trunk was taking in water so i ripped it all out to dry shop vacced all the water out and after the next storm more water so i re weather stripped it month later more water couldnt figure it out so i said screw it and siliconed the taillights and we removed one and the bottom peg was busted letting in water so we sealed them both reinstalled the stuff back in the trunk and not another problem

Old 08-17-2011, 11:10 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

My 1st Gen Dak had a water leak issue with the rear window, I think, causing water to pool behind the drivers seat in the ext cab footwell. My fix...was a nice drill hole to the floor under the carpet... problem solved... bahaha. It was shortly before I sold it. I just didnt want to deal with it at the time, nor did I want to invest anything into it knowing I was buying a new truck and getting rid of it very soon.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM
misfitdakota_95
Professional

I have run into this proplem with the Mitsubishi Raider pickup. There's a TSB from Mitsubishi (not sure about Chrysler) but the TSB basically says that you have to remove the windshield wipers, the cowl assembly and apply urethane sealant or windshield sealer to the black plastic support clip (at the bottom of the windshield) and putting everything back together. Hope this helps. Also, check your cowl assembly, make sure the weatherstripping around it isn't loose, missing or broken.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Classy

Neighboor had the same problem it turned out to be the third tail light. At lease thats what the dealership said?? His was a brand new ford f150.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM
MitsuRaider
All Star

Originally Posted by misfitdakota_95
I have run into this proplem with the Mitsubishi Raider pickup. There's a TSB from Mitsubishi (not sure about Chrysler) but the TSB basically says that you have to remove the windshield wipers, the cowl assembly and apply urethane sealant or windshield sealer to the black plastic support clip (at the bottom of the windshield) and putting everything back together. Hope this helps. Also, check your cowl assembly, make sure the weatherstripping around it isn't loose, missing or broken.
Man, i just started having this problem today with my truck.

it rained, and the truck was parked all day.

When i got in it, a big old puddle on the passenger side carpet.

I'm going to try this solution on the weekend, hopefully it works

Old 08-21-2015, 01:08 AM
paulyman
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 06 dakota had water pooling on drivers side, turns out it was coming in from outer side of window dripping down inside of door structural bar and dripping on door speaker and then traveled to bottom of speaker and out the door skin into the truck. Sounds complicated, but it's true. I put plastic on top of speaker and problem solved.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:03 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Water generally doesn't like to travel uphill, except when capillary action is concerned. That said, you can rule nothing out without thorough investigation. I have a small leak at the top of the windshield seal that manifested as a puddle on the passenger side floor. Look for the path of least resistance.

Quick Reply: wet floor mystery driving me nuts