3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Oil Consumption

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:55 AM
BrandNew
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not saying its normal, but dealer will do what ever they can not to lose money. VW put the head gasket on backwards on MKIV 2.0L and it caused them to burn about a quart of oil ever 3k miles. They did nothing about it. It took a class action law suit to get the cars fix. Same with the new Honda, the block leaked oil and from the way it was casted. Took 100 thousand people to get the dealer to recall that.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Mahadigus
Rookie

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
ill take that bet sir.

but thats definitely not normal...
I work at a Chrysler dealer so you both loose... Only reason I was asking is because I have never seen this before either and it's a **** whack of work to swap motors. I didn't want to replace it if it wasn't necessary, that's all but from what I'm reading it looks like I'm ordering a long block. Thx for the info guys

Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 PM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

tear down the old HO and sell it for parts. you could make stupid bank off that forged crank.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:46 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahadigus
I work at a Chrysler dealer so you both lose... Only reason I was asking is because I have never seen this before either and it's a **** whack of work to swap motors. I didn't want to replace it if it wasn't necessary, that's all but from what I'm reading it looks like I'm ordering a long block. Thx for the info guys
BAM!...a wolf in sheeps clothing! Take that you two, this made me laugh. haha So whats your reasoning or the other techs reasoning behind the oil consumption?

Old 08-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Mahadigus
Rookie

I think it's my valve seals but I've had a bottom end knock since 7000k and it's never really changed...engineering says it's the tri metal bearings but i call bs so I'll tear it out in the next few weeks... I am however paying for my core so I can possibly build it or part it out we shall see lol

Quick Reply: Oil Consumption