3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

06 Dakota quad lighting problem...help please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:24 PM
sayreman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Dakota quad lighting problem...help please!

Just bought a 2006 dakota. Realized when I got home I had a tailight out. Then I realized my yellow marker light on the front was out too. Went and bougt new bulbs but lights still don't work. Turn signals, hazards and brake lights all work (same bulb). What's happening?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Did you check to see if it was a fuse? The fuse block is under the hood on the drivers side by the fire wall and has a diagram of each fuse on the inside cover. Hope this helps

Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

If you just bought it, take it back and tell them to fix it (assuming you bought it from a dealer). At least here in NC (and other states I have lived in), car dealers are required to do an inspection when they sell a vehicle.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:14 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by sayreman
Just bought a 2006 dakota. Realized when I got home I had a tailight out. Then I realized my yellow marker light on the front was out too. Went and bougt new bulbs but lights still don't work. Turn signals, hazards and brake lights all work (same bulb). What's happening?

If the fuse doesn't do the trick send me your VIN and I will check for TSB's and recalls. I know there was recall # F08 for the Cab Compartment Node (CCN) control module on some of these vehicles that showed symptoms of lights not working intermittently.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:10 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
If the fuse doesn't do the trick send me your VIN and I will check for TSB's and recalls. I know there was recall # F08 for the Cab Compartment Node (CCN) control module on some of these vehicles that showed symptoms of lights not working intermittently.
and if the truck is out of warranty, you gotta pay for it out of pocket. Control modules are e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e!

Quick Reply: 06 Dakota quad lighting problem...help please!