3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

INstalled HHR Fan and SPAL controller

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Cuban11182
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up INstalled HHR Fan and SPAL controller

So I decided to install the fan this morning. I had already routed all the wiring and attached the controller to my battery handle. I have the A/C wire connected via splice on the A/C compressor itself, but once my fuse taps come in, it will go onto the relay.

All I used was some flat aluminum stock and screws and nuts for the install. I cut the aluminum to length, bent them, and then had to mark the fan and pull it out to drill. I double nutted each screw, so they shouldn't wiggle out. For the bottom I used a piece of stock that is wedged into the bottom slit. I drilled a hole near the top and used zip ties to hold the bottom in place. Hopefully everything holds up.

I warmed the truck up and did some WOT runs. I was able to hold 90 mph for a while, and it never got as high as the mechanical fan did, so I'm happy.

Thanks to Blown287 especially for showing us how we can do it, and to everyone else for the tips and tricks I found on the forum.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:46 AM
gjmoran
Captain

fyi in my experience those aluminum brackets will not be that reliable. just keep an eye on them for cracking and such. dont want that fan to fall out when ur driving down the highway.

looks great though!

Old 10-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Cuban11182
All Star

RGR. Might just pick up some steel ones, although they might be a little harder to bend.

Nothing a little heat can't fix.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:22 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looks great...

Quick Reply: INstalled HHR Fan and SPAL controller