3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

New in quebec canada??? emission+ mecanical inspection???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New in quebec canada??? emission+ mecanical inspection???

Hi today they announced on tv that an annual mecanical inspection is needed every year + a emission test... This is usual in the us??? somebody can explain me how it works??? like if i have a bodylift, leveling kit, loud exaust bigger tires than whats written inside my door???

My car its trans am gta 305 tpi...and is swapped to a lt1 and egr, smog pump and every anti pollution parts was removed?!? so my car will be declared scrap???

Old 12-07-2011, 08:14 PM
cheeseburger
All Star
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i know in australia (dont ask how i know this) you get 2 tries to pass. if you fail once you have to pass the next time or you got big problems. but idk how Quebec the real question, is there going to be a rule about being grandfathered in or anything. good luck either way

Old 12-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Dakkkota
Record Breaker

no detail yet

Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the US its a state to state thing. My state does not have annual inspections. Some counties have emissions. Mine does, but my truck is registered to a P.O. box in a county that does not lol.

I usually find ways around the laws that I figure as do not need to apply to me.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cheeseburger
i know in australia (dont ask how i know this) you get 2 tries to pass. if you fail once you have to pass the next time or you got big problems. but idk how Quebec the real question, is there going to be a rule about being grandfathered in or anything. good luck either way
Wont be grandfathered in - it wont be a option lol
We had ours extended to 2 yrs on Mech Inspection from 1 year.

I know in Nova Scotia, Having Bigger tires, Bodylift, or leveling kit wouldnt matter, a loud exhause does if its TO loud.

If you have removed all your emissions stuff, you will probably fail that part.

If you go for a inspection here and fail, you get a rejection sticker - you can even be given one for bad wheel bearings and such even if yours is still valid for X amount of time.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

if you have scrapped the smog stuff on the ta it will definitely fail an emissions inspection, but what are the cut off years? For example, in the county I live in (in North Carolina), emissions inspections are only required on 1996 and newer vehicles. So my 1994 Mustang which has had the cats removed is exempt from emissions but still has ot have a safety (lights, wipers, horn, tires, brakes, etc) every year. Your truck is probably ok unless they have some weird aw about tires having to be covered by the fender. Reid is right, in the US it is not only a state to state thing, but also a county to county thing. I would find out the specifics of the new law and how it applies to you.

Quick Reply: New in quebec canada??? emission+ mecanical inspection???