3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Navigation receivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MitsuRaider
I really like the stock look, anybody knows whrre to get the stock navi that came with the daks?
If you're willing to figure out the nav part (I don't think it would be too hard) I'd forgo what came originally and just go with a MyGig, if you have a steadier hand cutting the bezel than I did it looks completely stock (most mistake mine for stock). Mine is a non-nav but it was easy as pie to install. If you want it to be pretty much plug and play pick up the MyGig Lockpick Adapter it's what I used to install mine and I couldn't be happier with it.

DSC00418.jpg

That said, there are a few things the MyGig units could do better (faster way of finding artist/song when you have a lot of them on there) but they also do usability very well. The buttons are easy to push without looking and the touch interface isn't all too fancy but works fairly well for keeping your eyes mostly on the road. As a techie I'd like more to it but I imagine most would be very happy with the unit. I have it powering some Polk Db series speakers and it sounds great for a setup with no amp and no sub (Far better than the stock cd only unit did).

Quick Reply: Navigation receivers