3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

time to spend some money :D

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 AM
CanadaDak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to spend some money :D

SO I need a few things, starting off with the brakes.. going to replace all 4.. anyone have any advice or recomendations on what brand to buy looking for amazing quality and performance, and i have a pretty mean shake when slowing down from highway speeds anyone have any input on that.. and than I want to get ranchos all around what model or part number is the one i should look for.. once i get the ranchos all around, the 2" leveling kit is next, are most on ebay reliable, fairly priced, i know there mostly the same but any particular brands to watch out for? and then what kinda motor oil is perferred around here? im sure u get asked alot but im sorda wanting to switch to synthetic, but not overly convinced it makes a diffrence worth the swtich.. this week i want to get the brakes, ranchos, leveling kit and motor oil changed, possibly fuel filter and any other things, it went in for a lube up when i bought it 4700kms (323XX kms now) ago so its ganna be the first time i take the wheels off and get under it and see whats goin on hopefully no suprises, everything looks pretty decent tho... oh and one last thing, where can i find this sonnax pressure line booster I dont like the way it shifts from time to time and want to see if it makes a diffrence.. once i get most of this out of the way than its superchip all the way...
any input incredibly appreciated first time actally caring about maintaining a vehicle pretty new and deffintly no mechanic.. haha

Old 05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaDak
SO I need a few things, starting off with the brakes.. going to replace all 4.. anyone have any advice or recomendations on what brand to buy looking for amazing quality and performance, and i have a pretty mean shake when slowing down from highway speeds anyone have any input on that.. and than I want to get ranchos all around what model or part number is the one i should look for.. once i get the ranchos all around, the 2" leveling kit is next, are most on ebay reliable, fairly priced, i know there mostly the same but any particular brands to watch out for? and then what kinda motor oil is perferred around here? im sure u get asked alot but im sorda wanting to switch to synthetic, but not overly convinced it makes a diffrence worth the swtich.. this week i want to get the brakes, ranchos, leveling kit and motor oil changed, possibly fuel filter and any other things, it went in for a lube up when i bought it 4700kms (323XX kms now) ago so its ganna be the first time i take the wheels off and get under it and see whats goin on hopefully no suprises, everything looks pretty decent tho... oh and one last thing, where can i find this sonnax pressure line booster I dont like the way it shifts from time to time and want to see if it makes a diffrence.. once i get most of this out of the way than its superchip all the way...
any input incredibly appreciated first time actally caring about maintaining a vehicle pretty new and deffintly no mechanic.. haha
I used brakebest parts for my truck from Oreillys. I dont race or anything, so could not justify spending the money on drilled/slotted/dimpled rotors/ceramic pads that a lot of guys use. What I got works great for me.

Leveling kits are all pretty much the same. Just decide on if you want in or over the strut style.

I went full synthetic about 10k miles ago. I have not had any problems. Your truck has low mileage so you should be fine switching. The only difference I notice is now I change my oil every 6 mo/6k miles instead of 3 mo/3k.

You can find the sonnax pressure boosters on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Truck-...7082e2&vxp=mtr

The sonnax only works when your under wide open throttle. You will not notice it under normal driving.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:50 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Daystar is the popular 2" leveling kit around here.

Rancho front struts, part # RS5757, rear shocks # RS5315.
When ordering from a website, be sure to put in 2005 Dakota. For some stupid reason that is the only year that show as compatible, but they will fit your truck for sure.
I have them and that's what I had to do.

Running Dyno oil myself, so few miles go on my truck that I change the oil twice a year.

Brakeperformance.com slotted and dimpled rotors and pads is what a few of us guys have, no complaints here.

Quick Reply: time to spend some money :D