3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Tygarys
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Question

A while back I had a screw go through my left rear tire. I took it in and had a shop try to repair it, twice, with no luck. Will there be any issues with just replacing the one bad tire? the current tires have about 40k miles on them, also my truck is a 4x2.

(They also: damaged the lug nuts for that tire so I can't get my tools on it anymore; didn't balance it after the second attempt at repair so the truck vibrates badly in the back; couldn't be bothered to put the jack/tire tool back in place and just tossed it in the back; and admitted that they should have just replaced the tire, but they were trying something different out. Needless to say I won't be going back to have them put a new tire on, there is no telling what they will do to it next!)

Old 06-29-2012, 04:54 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

If it were me, I'd get two tires and put 'em on the rear. The OEM lug nuts suck anyway, mine were swollen and some of them were more difficult to remove than others.

I replace them with some nice solid Gorilla lugs.

Quick Reply: Tire Question