3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

after putting in new struts

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
kjpark
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after putting in new struts

Alright last thing before i get going, all my parts came in. i have a quick question about the strut replacements on the dakota. I just got some rancho rs5757's and will put them on tomorrow, and the chilton manual i have says to tighten the lower mounting fasteners at normal ride height. Any truth/reason to this? I don't see why i could't just tighten them from where i loosened them anyway. Can't wait to get rid of the bounce. Thanks guys.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:40 PM
popsnbeer
Captain

Things shift once you get a few thousand pounds of pressure back on those struts. You can tighten them uncompressed (jack stands, etc), but I'd recommend putting your tires back on driving around for a day and tightening everything back up.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:29 AM
kjpark
Professional

Originally Posted by popsnbeer
Things shift once you get a few thousand pounds of pressure back on those struts. You can tighten them uncompressed (jack stands, etc), but I'd recommend putting your tires back on driving around for a day and tightening everything back up.
alright thanks, ill keep that in mind. Off topic, are you still running those dynapro atm's? Those are the tires i got, and i'm wondering how they handle on a dakota, i've heard good things on other vehicles.

Quick Reply: after putting in new struts