3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

ECT Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ECT Sensor

I've been looking for the ECT resistance vs temperature specs, but have been unable to find that info for this truck, does anyone have this data or know where I can find it?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Alfons
Record Breaker

Nobody has this data? I heard that the sensor for the 3rd gen is the same as used in the 2nd, and I recall that Haynes used to have this info in their older truck manuals, if anyone has access to a 2nd gen Dakota manual I would appreciate if they could have a look.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:39 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

I did some searching around, but all I could find was sensor data for GM. It was on autozones website. Sorry.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I did some searching around, but all I could find was sensor data for GM. It was on autozones website. Sorry.
Thanks for the effort, I've had the same results. I guess that Mopar feels that no one should question the output of their on-board-diagnostics, so we don't have a need to know the actual sensor specs. I was looking for the values so that I could put together a control unit to interface the ECT to my PWM fan controller, but I guess it would be safer and more predicable to add a thermal sensor with known specs & not tamper with the Mopar sensor.

Quick Reply: ECT Sensor