3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

PO300 - Random misfire detected...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Mr. Hell
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for your responses so far!

The alarm had to be installed due to the new kickin' stereo being installed. It was done by Future Shop's install team and has a lifetime warranty, so if there ends up being any issue there I can have it remedied.

I ended up bringing the limping beast to the mechanic last night to be looked at today. The comment about plugs and wires getting wet seems to jibe with what I noticed last night.

As I parked the truck, I noticed there was a trail of drips from underneath. When I parked it and got out a puddle began to form underneath. I popped the hood and sure enough there is a leak coming from a tube that connects to the water pump...pretty sure it's the water pump. The liquid is clear.

Not sure how long this has been going on, but it is noticeable as of last night which means it has been slowly going on for some time. Very interesting occurrence.

I emailed the mechanic a note about that and I am hoping a solid tune-up and a fix of this leak will bring good news! Sensors are the next target if that doesn't fix it.

Will keep ye posted.

Thanks very much!!!

Edit: Truck has 82,000 kms on it. Had the truck three years and it has not had a tune-up to date since I have owned it.

Last edited by Mr. Hell; 08-16-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Mr. Hell
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, plugs are fire. Fuel pump is fine. Fuel filter is fine. Coil packs are fine.
Mechanic said only the passenger side cylinders are misfiring. He hasn't seen this before. He is doing a carbon clean out in the morning. Has spent 2 hours investigating and excluding causes so far.

I am fearful that before the end of tomorrow I will be facing a huge bill with no results. Feeling like I need to find possible solutions to this odd issue to narrow the search and save myself a load of cash spent on nothing.

Has anyone heard of or seen this kind of thing before?

Quick Reply: PO300 - Random misfire detected...