3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

a leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 02:20 PM
norma jean
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a leak

I finally got new tires for my rims on saturday, and then later i got home after they were put on, started the trimming process, and THEN BAM i saw this ( see below). What kind of shop doesn't see this while changing rims and tires???!!?!? if they did, and didnt say anything.... wow

mudflap.jpg

grease.jpg

Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 PM
kjpark
Professional

wow thats a$$ hole ish of them. They should have at least mentioned it. They probably just changed the tires and called it a day...looks like quite a bit, you didn't notice before? sure they didn't do anything?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:19 AM
norma jean
Captain

Well the wheel bearing was going but meineke told me I had about a month before it needed replacing, I took it to the tire shop and they changed the tires and rims out, and said NOTHING about it.... So I dropped it off at meineke yesturday afternoon, so they can work on it today. Sucks it looks so nice now and I can't drive it

Old 10-29-2012, 01:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

Is the boot ripped or just leaking from the edges? Mine did that and I just put a big hose clamp on it and it stopped.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:34 PM
norma jean
Captain

The boot was dry rotted and leaked everywhere, the shop fixed it today, and my wheel bearing on the other side, so now hopefully she won't be in the shop for a while now

Quick Reply: a leak