3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

head unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 12:42 AM
ingar_87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head unit

is there anyway to put a head unit in a 05 dakota...if so is it flush and how much dose it cost

Old 09-06-2005, 03:37 AM
PEPPERHEAD
Professional
Default RE: head unit

You can easily replace your head unit. They use a double DIN adapter. Those are relatively cheap. Seen them on a couple sites online. There is also a harness available so you can keep your steering wheel controls if you have them. The harness retails for about $150 though. Should be able to find online way cheaper.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 AM
whoseanthony
Default RE: head unit

you can easily replace the head unit and make it look stock. goto crutchfield.com and they have the kit for the the dash. (its the same as the 300c and magnum) as for the wiring. i have the inifinity system in my quad cab and found it easiest to just run the speakers directly from the head unit. the sound is much better than before and is crisp. the best part is you just need to run the wires to the amp not to all the speakers. the stock amp is located underneath the glove box in the kick panel. if you have more questions email me

Quick Reply: head unit