3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Stock to halo help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM
bram95
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock to halo help

I just got my SPEC-DŽ - Black Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs in the mail but have no clue what the instructions are telling me seeing that the instructions are a unisex for all models but its different than the dakota please help me out 0_0

Old 01-03-2013, 09:49 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Pictures of the wiring and lights would be helpful.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

^^ x2, kinda hard to help you without seeing what your seeing. A simple google search yielded this. Not a Dakota, but may give you an idea of what to do.

Last edited by jkeaton; 01-03-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 PM
bram95
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I figured it out and if any body needs help with this model of head lights here are my personal instructions keep in mind I did have to spend extra money and in this method you cut on the lights normal and you control the LEDs halos and light bar from a switch so they are only on when you want them and don't die from being on all the time I do not know any other method to hook up the lights and this came from trial and error( extra bought items include power wire a switch and female and male connectors about 15$ extra)----------so you just got them in the mail and behind the lights lay madusas head of hair made of wires well the instructions included aren't help full because they are for a diff car--------first you have to remove the stock headlight with 3 screws holding it and a ball that's a anchor ( 2 are on inside behind grill 3rd you have to either put a extension between bumper or lay under and you can see it) now put those aside and go back to your aftermarket light---there's going to be 3 black and 3 white--- the kit comes with little crimps but you only need one take all the black and twist them together I recomend removing more of the plastic off the wire first to be help full---now on the light dangling out of where you took the cover off there's going to be a plastic cylinder protecting the wires--- pull them out and there's going to be 3 one black 2 whites with diff colors but just focus on the black---insert the 3 black twisted into the blue helper and the black stock wire to and clamp it----pull the stock light bulb out with force because they are tough to pull out and plug the after market plug into the stock female now is where I ran into probs but fixed it "my way" I went to orileys and bought power cable, some female and male connectors and a swich I then went home and continued---take all the whites and twist them together and attach a male Or female now go to the other side and repeat the past steps----now both lights are grounded and the white wires are in male or female connectors chillin---- open the power cable you bought and attach the opposite female or male to the end after stripping it a little and connect it to the "right light" white group of wires and run it to your cab how ever far you want the switch to be and cut it and add a "female" I repeat "female" so it will go on the switch----now go to the othe light and run the wire to the other power wire coming out of the right light and attach it ( strip it but don't cut it and wrap the wire and electrical tape it up!!!----now all the wires are hooked from the lights you can get the remaining power cable and run it from the other little **** on the "switch" we just connected to, to the battery----no check your lows and highs and blinkers and if you did it right you flip the switch and yours halos 3 LEDs and light bar will turn on. If they all work good pop them back in place and screw them in.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 AM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, how about some pictures? I recommend soldering the wires/connections to avoid flickering and other issues but good idea of having a separate switch

Quick Reply: Stock to halo help