3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Leak behind center console?? HVAC??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:53 PM
pyrofossil
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Leak behind center console?? HVAC??

I have had a leak on my passenger side for a couple years. I always thought it was a leak from my AC. I just now took out the seat/ carpet and console around shifter. Carpet insulation got ripped out and thrown in trash. Foam behind plastic panel was soaked and black, threw that out to. I'm gonna buy new carpet after I get this all fixed. Besides the "trick" of turning your fan off before you get out. How can I prevent it from leaking. I leave my defroster on every day, due to windshield fogged up in morning. I just remote start my truck about 5-10 mins before Im about to leave to work. Than its ready for me to go. So I was wondering how to prevent it from leaking with out having to turn it off every day?

Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
jessiebouc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My truck was leaking under the passenger carpet when I ran the A/C. It was the A/C drain under the hood. The insulation on the firewall (engine side) was blocking the drain opening. Look behind the pass. valve cover a couple inches down to find the drain opening (black plastic).

Quick Reply: Leak behind center console?? HVAC??