3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

A/C issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013 | 12:23 PM
EricaLynn
|
Unhappy A/C issues

My A/c started making humming noises almost like a putter like noise whether it is on hot or cold, and now it has gone completely out. It blows a little air but only hot and hardly any. I have had multiple people tell me different things. I had one person tell me it was the belt, and another tell me it is the motor. Has anyone had the same issue and have any suggestions for me?

Old 07-27-2013 | 04:01 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Welcome to DF. Some basics are in order here first so that we may properly help you....what vehicle? Year, engine size, mileage, any previous work done on the AC?

Is the problem with not enough air regardless of switch setting (vent, AC, defrost, floor, etc) or just not cold air? Can you hear the blower speed increase between settings? There is no belt on the blower for the HVAC blower, there IS a belt on the engine which drives the AC compressor. Please provide a little more detail so we can properly help you out.

Last edited by jkeaton; 07-28-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Re-read OP issues and revised response accordingly

Quick Reply: A/C issues