3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Stacking Leveling Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 12:47 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... It was a hypothetical question. That is why I specified that

Originally Posted by i.who.made.you
Now obviously this wouldn't work because
Would I have mentioned a s*** load of reasons of why it wouldn't work if I thought it would? Thank you ProjektDirt for actually posting useful and relevant information that WAS NOT already addressed in the first post. The CV only making a 1/3 turn was interesting, but with the inner CV joint only being able to handle a 15 degree bend, simply getting it reinstalled would be impossible.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Would I have mentioned a s*** load of reasons of why it wouldn't work if I thought it would? Thank you ProjektDirt for actually posting useful and relevant information that WAS NOT already addressed in the first post. The CV only making a 1/3 turn was interesting, but with the inner CV joint only being able to handle a 15 degree bend, simply getting it reinstalled would be impossible.
I think I said in post #2 and #4 that yes, they would handle it. We are just having a little fun with this. Dont take it personal.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:58 PM
dman12323
Veteran

So instead of two 2.5 inch leveler's? Why dont you gets a 5inch lift kit?

Old 01-19-2014, 11:27 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional

Originally Posted by dman12323
So instead of two 2.5 inch leveler's? Why dont you gets a 5inch lift kit?
They don't make them for Dakotas since they couldn't work.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:11 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh don't get all bent out of shape. I did mention that you should research how a an IFS lift kit works so that you would understand the geometry. Was that not a good start?

What is confusing is that you are asking about stacking leveling kits.........which would allude to the fact that you would want to stack leveling kits...thus subject to scrutiny.

This is kind of similar to previous questions this forum has repeatedly seen over the years, with the same answers, over....and over..............and over. Its not you, its just the question. I think we are all just really tired of having to answer the same dumb questions, and I happen to add a little pepper in my post. They don't call me king jackass for nothin'.

This is my e-handshake and bro-hug.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They don't make them for Dakotas since they couldn't work.
Well, that's not entirely accurate. There is one guy who makes a 6" suspension lift for our trucks. Its the cost that you have to try and stomach.

http://www.jackmyride.com/

Old 01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
Well, that's not entirely accurate. There is one guy who makes a 6" suspension lift for our trucks. Its the cost that you have to try and stomach. http://www.jackmyride.com/
Ya cost and arm and a leg because he doesn't just use spacers. He uses the spacers along with taller knuckles, a massive diff drop, a ctrl arm mount drop and other misc.

E-handshake accepted and returned. Just got a little offended when my knowledge if IFS was challenged. I understand the geometry of it all and was asking a stupid question for a good reason.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You could always stack a couple of 3" body lifts to get the height you want.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:57 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional

Originally Posted by Tom A
You could always stack a couple of 3" body lifts to get the height you want.
Ha I was actually planning in doing a 3" BL but since I've spent about 5hrs already trying to get the tow hooks put on the front (they require you to remove the bolts that go through the body bushings) I have reconsidered.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Ha I was actually planning in doing a 3" BL but since I've spent about 5hrs already trying to get the tow hooks put on the front (they require you to remove the bolts that go through the body bushings) I have reconsidered.
Yep, those things are a biotch just like the lower strut bolts. Chrysler uses non service-removable lock tight on just about every fastener. I ended up destroying mine trying to get them out and had to get new ones. Dealer only part and like $40 each.

Quick Reply: Stacking Leveling Kits