3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What are opinions of stall converters in the 08+ Dakotas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 01:19 PM
broke33
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are opinions of stall converters in the 08+ Dakotas?

I picked up a converter for my Dakota back in the fall and never got around to installing it. It is an ATF converter triple disc billet converter that was setup for 3100rpm stall on a super charged Hemi quad cab ram. I talked to Pat at ATF who rebuilt it and he said for the 4.7 quad cab Dakota it would stall around 2500rpm. I was thinking that someday a hemi swap could be in the wprks so I bought it to install now and already have a stout converter for the hemi swap. Problem is I haven't heard much info on people doing stall converters on the Dakota. Does it make sense?

Old 02-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Blu3P0ny
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since no one wants to touch it.....
If your guy says it will go in no problem, then go for it. It's probably a better unit than stock anyways. The trick is that if it doesn't work, there isn't a whole lot of support for ya! It's either gonna work, or not, and if not, you'll have to take it back out. If someone is going to install it all for you, then it's there responsibility to do it right, but it's NOT their responsibility to tell you if the stall is too high or low. I would think it's just fine though.
Go for it and let us know your results.

Quick Reply: What are opinions of stall converters in the 08+ Dakotas?