3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

4.7 Auxiliary fan location??

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 09:13 PM
stonny9
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7 Auxiliary fan location??

I just bought an 05 quad cab 4.7 auto with 81k. 4th owner. 2nd owner installed a new radiator 1.5-2 years ago and with the 3rd owner the integrated radiator tranny cooler broke so a shop installed a separate front mounted cooler and jb welded the holes. Probably gonna change the radiator soon as I really dont trust it. I was gonna remove the mechanical fan today but noticed there wasnt an aux electric fan. I dont know if it was removed from one of the previous owners/shops. I was also unable to locate a plug for it and I dont know the location of the mounted fan nor could I find a diagram or even a part number.

Does the 2005 4.7 no longer come with the aux electric fan? I do not think mine has an OEM tow package.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Deer Hunter
Veteran

there is no aux elec fan on 05+. if and when you change your radiator,check your lower radiator mount. once they start to rust, they disintegrate very quickly.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:18 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

No e-fan from the factory as stated.

Old 08-19-2014, 10:23 AM
stonny9
Amateur

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
there is no aux elec fan on 05+. if and when you change your radiator,check your lower radiator mount. once they start to rust, they disintegrate very quickly.
Ok thanks. I have read hundreds of posts and never saw anything about no electric fan on the 05+. Guess dodge was trying to lower their cost.

I am about to go out of state 1800 mile round trip with no towing. Do I still have the same pulley setup where I can remove the fan/hub assemble and not worry about the pulley falling off? I'll bring the tools with me to reinstall on the road if needed.

Quick Reply: 4.7 Auxiliary fan location??