3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Remote start not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Neil Hall
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start not working

I'm installing a viper4204 system into my 05 dakota. i got the door locks working no problem, however, the truck wont start with the remote. when I look on Mitchel OnDemand to get the wiring for the starter, ignition wires and accessory wire i find them, but when i looked on the XpressKit website at their install that comes with the DBall2 that i got it shows different pins for the required wire hookups. so my question is. what wires on the back of the ignition switch control, the starter, ignition1, ignition2,and accessory. thanks!

Old 10-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Neil Hall
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it says to connect the "key sense wire" (pin5 on ignition switch connector) only if the vehicle is equipped with an OEM alarm... how do i know if my dakota has one? is this referring to the chip key?

Old 10-26-2014, 04:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

I have no idea. If your truck has factory anti-theft, good luck in getting any aftermarket system to integrate. Chrysler products are the worst. Your owners manual should tell you if you have it or not.

Quick Reply: Remote start not working