3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Introduction and Crank Seal Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:25 PM
GetFoxed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction and Crank Seal Question

So I am having my transmission emptied and my filters swapped tomorrow. And changing the fluid in my transfer case also.

I am going to have my mechanic look into the crank seal on the front of the motor (@ the main large pulley)? is this an easy job? like 2 hrs labor? & cheap parts? or does the whole motor need to come apart to change this (4-6hours labor)?

I inherited the truck from my dad, who did 10-15% of the recommended maintenance schedule. So just trying to get everything back on track, so it can be a great weekend warrior truck. Any recommendations would be great, as far as, maintenance, lifts and leveling kits, intake & exhaust, chips and light upgrades to make it a bit more potent for towing and more capable off road.
Thanks Ahead of Time

Old 01-19-2015, 06:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome aboard. What makes you think the crank seal needs to be replaced? Do a search for performance upgrades. Also check the diy, faq section. There is tons of information readily available.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:14 AM
GetFoxed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because there is oil leaking from around the front main pulley on the bottom of the motor,and nothing is leaking from above...

Quick Reply: Introduction and Crank Seal Question