3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

07 Dak, Starter motor ... Help- pics + youtube vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 03:20 PM
calixdakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ugh

now i am getting p0522
oil pressure sensor low?

could be fuel pressure ? gas pump?

would oil pressoure sensor cause the truck not to start?

Old 04-01-2015, 05:32 PM
calixdakota
Professional

alright

My buddy came over and boosted my truck and got it going by leaving the clamps hooked up to my battery to charge for a few minutes.

I had hauled the crankshaft sensor out and it was a bitch, i put it back in when he came to boost it.

it fired up, was burning alot of fuel. he drove it around the block and said it wouldn't handle over 2500rpm with ought misfiring, we parked it. and it wont fire up again.
he is saying to replace the CSPS and he'll boost it and to drive it until the battery charges properly..csps is probably why its not driving normally

The battery was bought last year....I had it charged over night, it was weak. . .
my buddy said that its probably dead again from me trying to crank it over for two hours earlier like an idiot while tinkering with the starter and CSPS , i( hauled it out and put it back in. and trying cleaning battery terminals and sanding down the lugs cleaning them...)
....*******

so I'm just wondering

the original problem why it didn't fire up weeks ago???

the connection to the solenoid (lug) was rusted out and corroded?

I'd noticed over the last few weeks it was taking longer to FIRE up as opposed to the one time turn forward of the key and not holding it and it fires up on its own.
recently it would struggle trying to fire up. ( WHAT WOULD CAUSE THIS ISSUE) if someone could shed light on that - what would cause the engine to not fire up as quickly as it always did? as in taking 4-5 seconds of cranking before it catches and fires up

I think whatever part that is that was causing the truck to have trouble FIRING up - just went completely...

Old 04-02-2015, 10:06 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

time to replace the camshaft positioning sensor along with the IAC sensor, those 3 sensors tell the truck to fire

Old 04-02-2015, 01:49 PM
calixdakota
Professional

Hey!!
Got the truck fired up by giving it gas to the floor while cranking it

Stil surged and misfired over 2500rpm. And wouldn't start withought giving it gas to the floor I Said UCK it and drove to napa bought the CSPS even tho I'm waiting for one in the mail. I replaced it there and then . The truck fires up on first click and runs like a top again!! Better then it has in a year+. So my starter was gone and sensor was shot too and I wrangled it even more by taking it out while waiting for It in the mail along with the starter. I put the original sensor back in after replacing the starter because it didn't arrive in the mail yet . I'll replace the camshaft sensor when I get it. I want to do a full tune up now I guess. Replace all the sensors I think and a nice oil change . Thanks all
I have the camshaft sensor in the mail along wit the original crankshaft sensor I ordered .... Where is the camshaft sensor located ?

Quick Reply: 07 Dak, Starter motor ... Help- pics + youtube vid